Monday, May 4, 2009

The Hypocrite

Let me have it. Please, I deserve your indignation, your disgust. Wag your finger at me and shoot me down with both barrels. I am a total hypocrite and it happened so easily, so seamlessly, so, so, organically. For the past month or so I have been complaining to myself quite bitterly against those drivers who race ahead of me in the passing lane so they can get through the traffic light sooner and then at the last minute they dive into my lane and cut me off so they can make the right-hand turn at the next intersection. I put up with myself and my complaining. However, the other day I found myself doing the same exact thing, all to potentially save a couple of minutes, one cycle of the light at the intersection. Then once I found that I could shave off a couple of minutes from my trip home, I kept doing it, all the while knowing full well that I was just railing against the inconsiderafia that had been doing it to me. It is times like this when I convict myself that cut me the deepest. Why is it so easy to be inconsiderate, rude, and me-first me-first me-first? At least now that I have recognized my hypocrisy I can cut it off at the root and do away with this particular weed. What do you do that you recognize good and well demonstrates hypocrisy? What are you going to do about it now?