Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Observations 99

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • There is a guy where I work who flagrantly wears those shoes with the individual places for your toes. These contrivances greatly disturb me.
  • What defines an appropriate volume level for a sneeze? If I can clearly hear someone sneeze whose office is more than 25 paces from my own, would you call that unreasonably loud sneeze-age?
  • At the supermarket the bagger was taking my items off the conveyor belt and popping them into plastic bags. When he picked up my bottle of Off! mosquito repellant, he told me that he knew of something much more effective than Off!, myrrh. He actually said myrrh. My reply to him, "Who but a magi has myrrh laying around the house?"
  • Workers really like it when you stand over their shoulder and micro-manage everything they do.
  • A dude on a bicycle comes flying up behind you and screams out "LEFT!!". Does this mean that he wants me to step to the left or that he wants to pass on my left? Instead of having to work through a split-second question and answer period with my health on the line, how about Mr. Two-Wheeler slow the heck down so that we can make sure that nobody is snuffed out?