Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Observations 97

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • Have you every witnessed the situation where someone's cell phone goes off in a meeting and "that guy" makes a big stink about it, only to have his own cell phone go off just a bit later. Tee-hee, tee-hee.
  • I went into a bathroom the other day at work and as the door shut behind me I heard running water and what I would describe as vigorous splashing noises. When I got through the entryway into the main space, there was a guy there essentially bathing himself. This was the main bathroom for the building with lots of through traffic. What the heck was going on here?
  • I sometimes think that vanilla milkshakes have magical healing powers.
  • Remind me again why we want both our dishes and our toilet bowls to smell of lemons. Don't you think that would set up some troubling associations?
  • Remember when stores that sell alcohol were referred to as "package" stores? The were eventually forced to use a different moniker when too many folks were showing up demanding their QVC and Amazon shipments. True story.