Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Observations 100

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • I think that it should be mandatory state law that if you exercise at lunch time you MUST take a shower before returning to work.
  • The man on the radio told me in no uncertain terms that it was inappropriate to eat a donut with a fork.
  • Christians often say that they can't wait to get to heaven to ask Jesus the reason for the deep-seated issues that they faced in life. I can almost picture Jesus looking them in the eye and telling them, "Hey, you just got kabobbled."
  • A colleague of mine described the characteristics of a world-famous scientist as "Obnoxious and very talented." I piped up, "Well as least I have one of those qualities." He replied (far too quickly), "No, you are not obnoxious, you're just mildly annoying."
  • One of the best things to hear from your child is "Daddy please come quickly I'm in trouble." One of the worst things to hear is "Daddy please come quickly I'm in trouble."