Thursday, July 2, 2015

Observations 96

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • I recently came across a menacing lizard in the lobby of my building that blocked access to my hallway. I may have avoided this feral creature by going back outside and going around my building to an alternate entrance.
  • Even though I am a fully grown adult-type man, I sometimes can still be frightened by the noise and the harsh brightness of a severe thunder and lightning storm.
  • Statistics indicate that on average 150 people world-wide die every year after being struck on the head by a falling coconut. Man, what a way to go.
  • Have you ever been stopped at a traffic light and someone comes up behind you and comes to a stop uncomfortably close to your bumper? Have you ever then pulled up just a tad to ease your concern, only to have that zagnut crowd you again? Man that makes me all road rage-y inside.
  • However, sometimes sitting outside on my porch during a rainstorm can be peaceful and soothing.