Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Observations 98

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • I may be a grown man, but there is a silly high-schooler inside of me. Every time I hear the name of the Texas Rangers second basement, Rougned Odor, I giggle. The announcers try to pronounced his name like "Odewer", but we both know that sinks.
  • Oh, and don't get me started on the Atlanta Braves utility player named Joey Terdoslavich.
  • Donald Trump is a badly drawn, annoying stock character with a frustrating comb-over, a small mind, and an acid tongue. How does he get such a national voice and an ocean of rabid supporters?
  • I am fascinated by the rate of my beard growth. After I shave in the morning my face is as smooth as a pickle dipped in glycerin. By noon, you can effectively grate a block of aged cheddar on my face.
  • Not all doctors actually take the time to really listen to their patients and to perform rigorous examinations. When they do, it really does help to make you not feel so alone when you are ill.