Thursday, September 27, 2012

Observations 6

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Thus we see everything from a different perspective and with different purpose than normal folks.

Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • A bearded dude who I shall refer to as Stephen, told me about a real book entitled Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. The book description contains the awesome line, "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies transforms a masterpiece of world literature into something you'd actually want to read." Classic.
  • I have collected the fluff from my dryer's lint trap from the past 4 years in a bag in my laundry area.
  • I have found it is so much easier to get motivated to cook a nice dinner for someone else than for myself. The same dishes also taste much better when I share them with others.
  • Working in my office on a Saturday or Sunday has a noticeably different feel to it, not because there is nobody around, but because I struggle to maintain concentration. It's like my body and mind are rebelling because they think that I am cheating them out of their rest.
  • My office walls are covered in artwork that my daughter made for me when she was very young. Nobody that I know from work who has kids has anything on display in their office. I wonder when I am supposed to take it all down.