Monday, September 17, 2012

Observations 5

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Thus we see everything from a different perspective and with different purpose than normal folks.

Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed and noted over the past few weeks.
  • I found a common house centipede on the wall in my bathroom. When I wonked it with my shoe, it exploded in a storm of falling legs. As they hit the ground, they all proceeded to pulse and flex in time with each other. Gross and cool ("grool") at the same time.
  • A judge ruled that the state of Massachusetts must foot the bill for a sex change operation on a prison inmate who is serving a life sentence without parole for brutally murdering his wife. In his ruling the judge stated that this was necessary to correct the prolonged violation of his Eight Amendment right to adequate medical care.
  • At Open House night at my daughter's school, the gym teacher told the parents that the two most important classes that our kids will have in high school are gym and driver's ed.
  • I become a menace to all other drivers on the road whenever I find a mosquito in the car with me.
  • Sometimes when I know that I won't see my daughter for a few days, I find myself missing her even when she is sitting right next to me on the couch.