- God's Not Dead - Newsboys (2011) - I learned about this song when Stephen Haggerty sung it at my church. While his version is better than the original, which relies far too much on post-production layering and chicanery, I still enjoy its message and spirit of strength.
- Lay Me Down - Passion (2012) - Another song introduced to me by Stephen Haggerty. The version released by Passion sounds like the singer is using a tin can for a microphone. But this is still a good, positive song that gets my feet a tappin'.
- Thy Word - Amy Grant (1993) - I first heard this song based on Psalm 119:105 a few years ago at my old church. It is a beautiful piece that really is a wonderful piece of worship.
- Faith - Celine Dion (2003) - I think that the size of her hair-do on most of her albums is well past the comical stage and I would love to introduce her to a real drum kit instead of the soul-less synthesizer pap. However, this song is a gem from her 2003 One Heart album. Soaring and beautiful.
- Top of the World - Mitchel Musso (2010) - I almost did not post this one because I know you will all point and laugh. Well point and laugh away, cause this auto-tuned theme song from Disney's Pair of Kings T.V. show is infectious and I really pick up the pace on my elliptical when it comes on.
14 hours ago