Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Branch Point

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference", Robert Frost

Two folks get into a bit of a testy exchange. The one recognizes what is happening and has a choice of two divergent roads to journey down. One is a path of reconcilation and kindness and benefit of the doubt and respect. The other is a thorny road of anger and vehemence and hatred and frustration and fatigue. One path leads to light and strength and community. The other path is one of darkness and isolation. The odd thing is that the first part of the journey down the dark path actually seems easier, more painless, more empowering. However, just around the bend, everything about this path leads to death.

All too often for me, the road less travelled is the path of light. Most times I purposefully head the other way. I am so tired of struggling with this demon. I have been defeated by it too many times. My words and my actions seem so completely hard-wired into my being. Why even try? Jacta alae est.