- I'm Leaving You - Scorpions (1984) - When I was a freshman in college the album Love at First Sting had exploded with its big single Rock You Like a Hurricane. However, this song was definitely one that I liked. Simple, straight on, but somehow powerful.
- Broken Heart - White Lion (1991) - This band was definitely a talented and well-known act in the late 80s/early 90s but fell off the map after a strong three album run. This song showcases their trademark sound, from the pipes of Danish lead singer Mike Tramp to the licks of guitar virtuoso Vito Bratta. Even in pain there is hope of starting over again.
- When the Children Cry - White Lion (1988) - Want a haunting rock ballad with a powerful message and superb guitar play? Then this one is for you. A tune that most certainly stands the test of time for me more than 25 years after it was released.
- Through the Rain - Cinderella (1994) - This band was another few album hit maker before they disappeared. I love the passion and the hopefulness that shines through in this one ... Sometimes the sun shines through the rain.
- Spy in the House of Love - Was (Not Was) (1987) - For fans of eclectic pop/soul fusion groups (which apparently is a thing), this is a song that will have you tugging down the brim of your fedora and sliding into your groove. This tune is unique and I absolutely loved rediscovering it after many years away.
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
iTunes Latest - 30
Posted by Daniel