Thursday, January 26, 2012

Playlist

I have admitted on more than one occasion that I kind of have the musical tastes of a 14 year old girl. ... Wow, when I type these words and look at them on the monitor, they really do just kind of sit there. I would bet that even now, as you read them, you are laughing and pointing at me. Somehow you think yourself more sophisticated than me, you fancy yourself more manly and verile, even if you are actually a woman. Then you continue to laugh all the more because I just used the word "fancy". Heck, I don't blame you. While you bang your head to bands such as Rancid Maggots, Festering Chest Wound, and Eating Shrapnel, I sing along to Backstreet Boys. But the other day after I finished exercising, I looked at the musical playlist that I had selected to accompany me and could admit, perhaps for the first time ever, that I was not ashamed or embarrassed with the list of songs that I had just listened to.
  • Ship of Fools - Robert Plant
  • Invincible - Pat Benatar
  • Lost! - Coldplay
  • One Light Burning - Richie Sambora
  • Magnificent - U2
  • Changes - Yes
  • No Smoke Without a Fire - Bad Company
  • Easy Lover - Philip Bailey & Phil Collins
  • Walking in the Underground - Pat Benatar
  • Celebrate Youth - Rick Springfield
Now of course none of these songs have the insouciant charm of anything in the catalog of Rancid Maggots, but few artists can make this claim anyway. So, am I giving myself too much credit here?