Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Yesterday marked the start of a new year as everyone is, no doubt, aware. Some did not give this day a second thought, just another in life's string. The only difference was that it required a calendar page be turned, but otherwise, all went on as any other Sunday. But as for me, I took a few moments to celebrate the biggest blessing my life has known, the birthday of my wonderful daughter.

As I wrote last year at this time, my daughter was embarking on her first year as a teenager. Through prayer and luck and forces beyond my vision, we both survived this year reasonably well. My daughter plowed ahead growing up too fast for me to keep up with, and I followed behind pointlessly muttering, "Wait", to no avail. But yesterday I celebrated with joy my daughter and our relationship for all that it has been thus far. I stand ready with her to face and embrace the new year ahead. Happy, happy birthday.

Oh, and happy new year to my online friends. See you in the blogosphere in the days and weeks and months ahead. Blessings to you all and glad tidings.