It all started earlier this week when I, certainly minding my own business, not looking for any trouble, caught the slightest hint of the smell of potpourri. I did not think too much of it at the time. As my mind was full of other thoughts, I threw up just a little in my mouth, but went back to work. If I had known then what would become of this beast, I would have set my hallway ablaze. I have learned from past experience that this is the only way to rid an area of that kind of darkness.
If I ask you what comes to mind when I toss out the word potpourri, what would you say?
- Whoever invented that accursed, foul olfactory attack should be burned at the stake. Speaking of that, I like mine slathered in a delicious butter sauce.
- Huh, what's this poot-porry?
- Boil that dust speck.
- Hey dude, that's the smell of death, ... oh ... and grandma.
- That stuff's great for snackin' right out of the box!
- I love it! So organic and natural and pretty.