Friday, January 2, 2009

Temptations Away!

I finally got to cleaning up the carnage from the Christmas present unwrapping. After all the scraps of pretty paper and decorative bows were cleared away, I gathered up all of the food-type goodies and confections that were received and set them on the kitchen counter. What to my wondering eyes should appear was a vision of pure snacking heaven, the high calorie, zero-nutritional-value pot of junk food at the end of the "I-can't-believe-I-ate-the-whole-thing" rainbow. There were chips and candies and chocolates, there were Combos and cookies and tasty nibbles of every variety under the sun. I can just picture myself sitting in front of the T.V., with four or five bags of goodies all opened simultaneously - munching and snacking for hours on end. Trouble is, I am on a rather strict diet, where none of this is allowed. What is clear is that to the man on a diet, everything with an ounce of taste is completely off-limits. No sugar, no fat, no melt in your mouth goodness. Oh well, pass me another serving of kale. You know I can't get enough of garnish-type foods. Snack-tastic!