Monday, January 5, 2009

Forward 2009


No matter how tough life gets, how much pain or sorrow is woven into the fabric of our existence, it seems that the start of a new calendar year gives us a chance, an opportunity, to look ahead with renewed hope for a better tomorrow. It's funny to me that the darkness can be lifted or eased simply by turning the page of a calendar. Some subtle trick of the mind perhaps, but one should not look a gift horse in the mouth, even when one understands what's going on. It's simply the psychological shenanigans that occur in our mind comparing the price tags of a $9.99 item with a $10.00 item, the former is clearly a much better deal. Anyway, it is the turning point of a new year, we begin another trip around our sun, and we take the opportunity to look ahead. I am now forming my New Year's resolutions for 2009. It will be interesting when I look back a year from now and take stock of how things have gone. I pray that my family finds happiness, satisfaction, and peace. I pray that we find exciting challenges, both physically and mentally, and that we grow in wisdom and in love. I pray the same for all my friends and look forward with you to the year ahead.