- I was playing Scrabble with my daughter the other day and she was puzzling over her letters and what words she could spell. After a few minutes, as she stared intently at what tiles she had, she asked me, "Daddy, is D-O-G a word?" Did I mention that she is in high school?
- On the Domino's pizza box, in the lower left corner, there is some advertising for their brand of Cheesy Bread. The words read, "So cheesy, it almost defies the laws of physics." Hmmm, they did not provide a number for me to call to straighten them out. Criminy, this is lacto-mechanics 101 stuff folks.
- Two of my friends, one from Russia and one from Germany, just completed their written tests to become U.S. citizens. They were laughing at one of the test questions which they posed to me, "What is the law of the land?" They gave me two guesses. My answers were 1). Every man for himself and 2). Shoot first ask questions later. Both were wrong. It turns out the correct answer is "The Constitution".
- My daughter has been trying to get me to cut down on the number of adjectives that I use in my regular conversation. We were walking into the house the other day when I got a shock from touching the door handle. Noticing my wincing reaction, she asked if I got shocked. My reply, "Yeah, a little tiny baby shock." You don't think I have a problem do you?
- If you see one of your neighbors doing some kind of kooky rain dance in their yard, they are most likely nuts. If you saw me doing that the other day, realize that I was cheering the dead mole that I just discovered who had been terrorizing my yard. I am most likely not nuts.
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Posted by Daniel