Monday, June 17, 2013

Observations 25

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • The other morning a fancy Lincoln Towncar pulled ahead of me in the next lane and came to a stop at the light. The driver, a pretty young woman, opened the door and spit in the middle of the road. I thought that was mighty disgusting. When I pulled even with her a moment later, I could see that she had a toothbrush in one hand and a hair brush in the other. Oh, so she was just getting dressed in the car as she was late for work.
  • I live in a town whose name is 8 letters long. Having to write this out on the address line when paying my bills seems like it takes forever. It can put me in a sour mood. Imagine how irascible I would be if I lived in Rancho Cucamonga.
  • I was setting up to have a contractor come out to my house for a small repair job. When he asked for my address, I drew a complete blank on my house number. The harder that I tried to concentrate to pull it out my mind, the deeper it hid away from me. What will be forgotten next? Hopefully not something vitally important like the Gilligan's Island theme song.
  • For all of you agnostic or atheistic nerds, there is now a Klingon version of the Bible. Qapchu'!
  • At 1:45 p.m. the other day I made an appointment with my doctor. At 1:50 p.m. I got a call from my doctor reminding me of that same appointment. Geez, I know I am forgetful, but ... what was I talking about?