Monday, June 3, 2013

Observations 24

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • A car passed me on the road the other day. The thumping music coming out of the open window on the rear driver's side door caused me to glance over. What made me do a double-take was that the young driver had pushed his seat as far back as it would go and had it reclined in such a manner that he rested his arm on the edge of that open window. The window on the driver's door was all the way up.
  • Don't you just want to spit when you find that you put the mailing stub into an envelope and sealed it up only to find that you put it in backwards and there is no address showing through the little cellophane window?
  • Have you ever noticed that when adult friends come over to your house for a social gathering, the kids love to show off their rooms. Wouldn't this same invitation be a bit awkward if we kept doing it as we became adults?
  • After a hard rain the other afternoon the sun came popping out. As I was driving down my street I saw two young girls in bright galoshes jumping like crazy in the puddles in their driveways. They were having the time of their lives. What a beautiful sight.
  • I work with a kind of rough and tumble guy. He has had some trouble and issues in his past, but he is working to become a better man. When you do something for him, instead of saying, "I appreciate that", he says "I appreciate you." I like that turn of phrase very much.