Thursday, January 31, 2013

Observations 16

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • There is a local bagel shop that my daughter likes. Most times that we go there we come away without making a purchase because they are out of bagels. I wonder if we are the only ones who they are not making sales to.
  • A friend of mine told me a funny anecdote. He went to the drugstore to buy a pair of reading glasses but could not find the price on the tag. He took it up to the front where the clerk pointed to it as plain as day. He told me that this was one of those chicken and egg kind of situations.
  • College football coaches who make strong statements that they have the best job in the world and would never, ever resign their current positions are, most likely, full-blown hypocrites and liars. They are usually actively interviewing for other jobs and most who hold such "press conferences" are more likely than not to be in a new job before their next season starts.
  • Some dude came into my office with horrendous B.O.. Even 15 minutes after he had left, his stench lingered thick. I am not sure what I ever did to him to be subjected to that torture.
  • When someone cuts you off just before a stoplight so that they are the last one who can make it through, this is the vehicular equivalent of a kick in the slats.