Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
- The other day I passed a Porsche Carrera 4S as if it were standing still. The car was based on a horizontally opposed 6 cylinder, rear-mount engine with a 3.8 liter displacement. The 400 hp beneath the hood purred confidently with its 325 lb-ft of torque as it sat idling at the stop light in the turning lane.
- A man in an expensive suit passed me by on a busy sidewalk and just spat right on the path in full view of everyone.
- I tend to vent more at drivers who cut me off in traffic or who take too long to get moving when the light turns green if they are driving a really expensive car. I tend to think things like, "Come on Mr. Big Shot, the rest of us have to get back to our work camps."
- Unfortunately, I also grumble fiercely at drivers who frustrate me when they are driving junk cars. I tend to think things like, "Get that piece of crap off the road you idiot." I do not like what this says about me.
- A clear sign that I am not planning to truly participate in a meeting that I am being forced to attend against my will is when I walk into the room with my laptop under my arm.