Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Crimes Against Humanity

Even as we speak, I am on a diet to drop a few pounds that crept up on me in a ninja-like fashion. Several of my systems seem to get knocked abeam whenever my weight starts to drift upward. Even as I exercise on a regular schedule and try to watch what I eat, I still have to make course corrections from time to time. This usually involves me having to give up another of my favorite foods. I think periodic adjustments are necessary because the body gets used to whatever we are trying to do and makes adjustments to nullify all of our hard work and sincere efforts.

Well, the sneaky and conniving aspects of our own bodies as they act against us are not the topic of today's post. Today I felt compelled to share with you a dark secret that I have been harboring for several weeks now. It has gotten to the point that I can no longer sleep at night because I keep having to get up to go to the bathroom and I cannot stay awake when watching professional sports while laying on the sofa. Recently, as I have been working on my diet, in single-minded fashion, I have done something unspeakable. I have neglected a perfectly awesome bag of Lays Brand Potato chips that sat unopened in my pantry. Now the chips are past their freshness date. Oh, the pain in this crime against humanity. How will I ever to be able to answer for what I have done to you? Oh, the cold, heartless neglect.