Even if it was written in Scripture long ago, you can be sure it's written for us. (Romans 15:4)
In other words, even folks who did not command front page headlines still have worthwhile and important lessons for our lives today. The list of folks included in this volume include:
- Cain - first child of Adam and Eve.
- Abraham - covenant father of the nation of Israel.
- Esau - Son of Isaac, grandson of Abraham.
- Achan - Israelite soldier during Jericho campaign.
- Samuel - prophet of God, anointed David as king of Israel.
- Saul - first king of Israel.
- Abigail - Wife of Nabal, became wife of David.
- Absalom - Son of King David, briefly reigned as King of Israel.
- Rehoboam - Son of King Solomon, first king of Judah.
- Jabez - Israelite whose name means "he makes sorrowful".
- Naaman - Syrian general.
- Gehazi - Servant of Elisha.
- Uzziah - King of Judah.