Today, you don't have to go too far to see overwhelming evidence that it has evaporated into the past. Simply stock of old Leave it to Beaver or Andy Griffith reruns. Just open your eyes and you will see:
- Store workers who arrive for shift and park in the spots closest to the door.
- Cashiers who wear ear phones, listening to music, while they are attempting to interact with the paying customers.
- Cashiers who make customers wait while they have a leisurely chat on the phone with their friends.
- Delivery men who come to your house and are surly, rude, and unkempt.
- Store workers who use foul language when they interact with you.