There are several different sides of me, faces that are displayed to different folks at different times. I have worked a lifetime to fashion and manipulate the version of me that I allow others to see. Some of this image preparation is done to:
- Hide the embarrassing stuff so that you won't make fun of me.
- Make me come across as more intelligent than I am because of my pride.
- Distract you from the areas of sin that are all too pervasive in my life.
- To make me appear happy and adjusted so that you don't see how far off center I really am.
- Make me come across as confident so that you don't have reason to scratch at the thin veneer that covers the real me.
The first part of the art project focused on forming something literal. My daughter chose a candy bar. Looking at what she made, you can almost taste the yummy goodness of the real thing.
(Part 1 of 3)