- Have you ever been totally parched and filled a cup at the sink to slake your thirst only to gulp down a mouthful of hot water? Yeah, me too.
- I went into the Office Warehouse store looking to buy some super glue. I asked the salesperson and he was clueless. He looked up at the signs labeling the different aisles and finally pointed me to the aisle labeled "writing implements". I asked him how come it wasn't in the aisle labeled "binders".
- I waited in the checkout line at the Office Warehouse store as the checker was dealing with a return for the customer in front of me. When the checker could not figure out the proper procedure, her blood began to boil. In her frustration she started to swear like a sailor on shore leave and she turned to me and snapped, "Sir, you need to be in any lane but this one." I told her that I couldn't agree with her more.
- On a friend's blog he used the expression "pawn scum" when he meant to use "pond scum". I just could not expunge the image of dirty, grimy chess pieces. Regardless of the context, this was worthy of a giggle.
- There is a local cosmetic surgery center running ads on the radio with the tag line, "More hair equals more confidence." The trouble is that they never say in the ad where they have to install this magical new hair that gives rise to this confidence.
Monday, April 13, 2015
Posted by Daniel