Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Observations 87

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • I just saw a car commercial where the vehicle was sitting on the deck of an aircraft carrier with jets taking off next to it. An archetype hot-shot pilot then jumped into the car and raced off down the flight deck convinced that he could keep up with the planes. In small print on the bottom of the screen it warned us not to attempt this stunt.
  • There is an honest to goodness company in my area called Doodie Calls. This is a service that will come to you house to clean up all of the dog crap in your yard. Who would take this job for a living? Who would admit to having such a job?
  • I recently told my daughter about a company in my area called Doodie Calls and she actually thought it was a good business idea. Have you ever wondered if a body snatcher has snatched your child? Oh where did I go wrong?
  • There is a radio ad that claims, "If you have more than $5,000 in credit card debit, it is your right to settle for substantially less than you owe." Is anyone else's "BS" detector going off?
  • Have you ever thought something was common knowledge and then found out that it wasn't either common or knowledge? For me, I had always thought that BMW stood for British Motor Works. Turns out BMW is a German company and the "B" is for Bavarian.