- Observe pretty much any commercial on T.V. and you will see line after line at the bottom of the screen of unintelligible small print consisting of blurry, white letters on a white background. This is a wholly accurate reflection at once of both our legalistic society and the ever-present con-artists grabbing every open loophole.
- Have you ever had a sales representative get all snarky and rude with you when you are trying to place an order with their company, one where you have placed well over a million dollars of orders in the past few years? Yeah, me too.
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts were just elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I can name one of their songs, "I Love Rock and Roll". See if you can name another. Go ahead, I'll wait.
- The other night I was watching an NBA game on TV when a player checked into the game whose first name was Festus. That made me chuckle. You don't come across too many Festuses (or Festi) these days.
- What's that? You say you want to hear more quotes from fully self-absorbed, prima donna athletes? How about this from Dez Bryant of the Dallas Cowboys about his contact negotiations?
"It's all about respect. I am a very loyal person, but just don't test my loyalty."
Monday, January 26, 2015
Posted by Daniel