- It never seems to work out when a professional athlete tries to market themselves as a brand before they play a single down, take a single shot, or pitch a single inning. They just seem to make themselves into a target that everyone shoots at.
- There was an ad on the radio the other day from the U.S. Postal Service that clearly stated, "We treat every package like it's from our own Aunt Cathy." I don't know how you feel about this. As for me, I have never met this alledged "Aunt Cathy". How do I know that she isn't a total bed-wetting loser who deserves mis-treated packages?
- Why is there always some doofus in every restaurant who makes a fool of themselves clapping and hooting like a deranged seal whenever a waitress drops a tray?
- Have you ever noticed that when you tell someone that you will be going to the hospital for surgery, invariably they feel compelled to relate a story about some friend or relative who went to a hospital for a minor operation and died unexpectedly?
- A story on CNN used quotes from a basketball player who was yelling expletives at his teammates during practice. Curiously they blanked out every cuss word but one. They used "m***** f*****", "s***", but they spelled out "God****" (without the *'s). I guess that means it is O.K. to use this liberally in conversation.
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Posted by Daniel