Monday, December 22, 2014

Observations 75

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • A car at work had a sticker on its gas tank cover that stated, "Fueled by Hate". I wonder if this gives the owner a better MPG than regular gasoline.
  • One of the biggest domestic mistakes possible is to just about finish putting away the dishes in the dishwasher only to find out that they were never put through the wash cycle.
  • The nickname of the Presbyterian College women's basketball team is the "Blue Hose". I likely would have explored other options. If you don't get the problem here, keep saying the nickname until it comes to you.
  • Don't you hate it when you use a tool in a non-conventional manner and end up getting hurt? It is amazing how little sympathy you get afterwards.
  • I read the following label on a juice bottle that a colleague of mine was drinking, "Vitamin-rich green juice with a sweet and sticky zest". That somehow doesn't entice me.