Monday, December 1, 2014

iTunes Latest - 22

Back in December of 2011, I discovered iTunes on my Mac. This service has really helped me to reconnect with my love of music. One of the things that I really like about music is that so often a given song has a strong association with a time or with a moment in my life. So, I thought that I would share my latest five downloads and a bit about my thoughts on each song.
  • Edge of a Broken Heart - Bon Jovi (2004) - This is the biggest song from this group that is the least known. It was released on the catalog emptying box set 100,000,000 Million Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong. A prototypical up-tempo Bon Jovi number with everything you'd expect. Great vibe, high energy, wailing guitars, and big hair.
  • Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day (2004) - This song is the reason why arena rock bands fill arenas. Just a perfect rock song from every angle. No wonder this is Green Day's anthem.
  • Speak Life - TobyMac (2012) - "Speak Life" is a term that means to encourage someone with our words, to be positive and uplifting to others. I stumbled across this song on iTunes and its lyrics spoke to me words that I needed to hear.
  • Let Her Go - Passenger (2012) - This song is one that has already been covered by artists too many to count, but one listen and you will know why. A song about the pain of realizing what is important after it is too late.
  • Come Undone - Duran Duran (1993) - My favorite band in the 1980s was Duran Duran. Their music, style, and verve were an addiction. However, at some point I moved on. Listening to their old music now, it feels dated. However, this song from the early 90s was a more sophisticated, layered, and intricate pop number that I have always liked.