Friday, December 26, 2014

Best Books of 2014

This year I have read 90 books and definitely found some good ones along the way. This was a year dominated by Orson Scott Card (31 books), with Rick Riordan (8 books) a distant second. Following my well-established year-end tradition, I share my list of the top 10 "books" for this year in no particular order. Note that I use "books" because I typically count a series by an author as one entry.
  • Mistborn series (Mistborn, The Well of Ascension, The Hero of Ages, The Allow of Law), Brandon Sanderson
  • Tres Navarre series (Big Red Tequila, The Widower's Two-Step, The Last King of Texas, The Devil Went Down to Austin, South Town, Mission Road, Rebel Island), Rick Riordan
  • Life Expectancy, Dean Koontz
  • Enchantment, Orson Scott Card
  • Divergent trilogy (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant), Veronica Roth
  • Sam Capra series (Adrenaline, The Last Minute, Downfall, Inside Man), Jeff Abbott
  • Formic War series (Earth Unaware, Earth Afire, Earth Awakens), Orson Scott Card
  • The Summons, John Grisham
  • Abraham, Charles Swindoll
  • Tales of Dunk and Egg series (The Mystery Knight, The Hedge Knight, The Sworn Sword), George R.R. Martin
I have already started to pick out some books for the first part of 2015. If you have any suggestions, send them along and I will check them out. I keep my list of reads current on my Shelfari page.