- I just attended a week-long scientific conference consisting of dozens of presentations. It is unbelievable to me how many professional scientists will show plot after plot of data that include no axis labels of any kind.
- I needed to have a locked meeting room at work opened, so I called the security guard. After about 10 minutes I could see him coming from a long way off. He was so severely overweight that he greatly struggled to walk. I said to my friend, "I hope this guy's a good shot, because he ain't gonna outrun anyone." I apologize for myself.
- I don't care what the astronomers say, Pluto will always be a planet to me. Kuiper Belt debris? Please.
- Nearly all newsfeed posts that complain about the bad grammar or spelling in an article contain grammar and spelling problems themselves.
- I grabbed my aspirin bottle the other evening and noted that it stated in a gaudy font on the side of the container the words "gluten free". Is this really something people concern themselves with when it comes to medicine? What's next, free-range aspirin?
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Posted by Daniel