Thursday, August 1, 2013

Observations 28

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • A sign outside a cubicle at work, "Dogs welcome. People tolerated."
  • I was sautéing some onions in a skillet the other evening for my dinner, when I decided to sprinkle on some onion powder. You know, to give them some of that oniony flavor.
  • The new manufacturer of Twinkies cakes claims that their shelf life is 45 days. I thought that these things could last through the next ice age and still be unaffected.
  • A younger person involved with my group at work died recently. When the secretary was making the rounds with a sympathy card for the man's father, who also works with my group, she asked the guy across the hallway from me if he wanted to sign the card. He said, "No thanks". That is the antithesis of a sympathetic gesture.
  • It really stinks when you have been insulted by someone, but you don't realize it until much later.