- Oklahoma City, OK (Apr. 19, 1995) - 168 people blown up in a building by a three man plot
- Columbine, Co (Apr. 20, 1999) - 13 people gunned down by two teenagers
- New York City, NY; Washington, DC; Shanksville, PA (Sep. 11, 2001) - 2977 people killed by terrorists in 4 airline hijackings
- Blacksburg, VA (Apr. 16, 2007) - 33 people gunned down by a college student
- Newtown, CT (Dec. 14, 2012) - 26 people gunned down by a lone gunman
- Boston, MA (Apr. 15,19, 2013) - 4 people killed by two terrorists
As a general rule, people, even the wicked, are much more naive and simple-hearted that we suppose.
I wonder how much loss could have been averted if someone had reached out to these people in those key moments of their lives when they were approaching the edge of their sanity, before that last thin straw broke them.