- I have always found that watching cooking shows on T.V. provides a certain calming influence over me. However, there is a growing trend of programs on both Food Network and Cooking Channel that show far too many close-up scenes of people cramming food into their mouth. I find this to be both nauseating and disgusting.
- If you are in a hurry, carrots are an amazingly annoying food to have to eat. You just keep chewing and chewing and chewing.
- A headline on CNN the other day read "Magic Johnson Reveals Son is Gay". My initial questions are whether his son sanctioned this release of information and, if so, why didn't he do it himself? As follow-up questions, who thinks this is headline news and who gives a rat's behind?
- I never understood why old people like to sit around with a blanket across their lap until I sat outside in my porch as a chill crept into the air. It was then that may daughter put a blanket
across my lap. Ahhhh.
- In today's cultured Western society, there is an obvious bit of personal etiquette that should be tacitly understood and honored by everyone over the age of two. Vigorously picking your nose in public is taboo. Some people seem to have missed or have simply disregarded this fundamental tenet.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
Posted by Daniel