Today's blog came about from random things that I have recently noted from the point of view of looking out the windshield of my car.
- My neighbor keeps a 1970s VW Rabbit in his driveway under a special car cover, yet his expensive SUV is left out in the sun.
- I noticed a recently retired colleague pull into a parking spot at work with his wife sitting beside him. As they got out of the car and came around to the sideway, they were looking in opposite directions, yet they reached out and each found the other's hand. They then walked along chattering away happily.
- A man jogged quickly up to his car that was parked in an up-front handicap spot. An older man with a leg deformity passed by him on the sidewalk, hobbling along from where he parked his car out in the lot.
- Folks driving golf carts and fork lifts (which have a top speed of about 5 m.p.h.) around the site where I work typically cut me off as they pull out in front of me as I drive my car. I guess rude drivers are rude drivers regardless of what they are driving.
- We have two special parking spots at work located right up front that are labeled, "20 minute parking only". The other day a Lexus SUV and a Porsche sports car were parked side-by-side in those spots all day.