Tuesday, March 13, 2012

1000

Scientist, father, blogger, and worldly bon vivant, this reporter really had to earn his chow to line up an interview with the man behind the renowned blog site Return to Zero. As I finally sat down with the man in his tastefully decorated study, I was bubbling with excitement and more than a bit nervous, I forced myself to gain some modicum of control knowing the historical ramifications of this moment ...

Reporter - Is that a Courvoisier you are savoring?

RTZ - Huh? No, it's just a glass of lemonade. Let's proceed with the interview as I am a busy man.

Reporter - Yes, sorry. I am just a bit nervous.

RTZ - Fine.

Reporter - You're sure it isn't Courvoisier? It just sounds like something one in your position would enjoy.

RTZ - You're kidding me right? Come on man, get on with it.

Reporter - It was the drink of that dude on SNL. He was always chugging the stuff. It made his women more attractive.

RTZ - I'm quite sure that I don't know what you are talking about.

Reporter - I think I tried it once, back in college. But back then I tried lots of things. Unspeakable things.

RTZ - I really have to go now. Good day to you sir.

Reporter - Yes I understand. ... Wow this has been a great interview. One of my best. But I know that I was here to ask about something in particular. It just has slipped my mind.

(Sound of door closing in the distance.)

Reporter - Oh yeah. I was going to congratulate him on his 1000th post. Oh well, it doesn't matter now. I think it is about lunch time and I am starting to feel a bit peckish.