The "method" that Sanders espouses to gain confidence in oneself moves through the following principles:
- Keep your attitude positive by focusing on positive input whether that is through what you read or who you interact with. This helps with reducing your negative tendencies.
- Use positive words when you speak to yourself and others.
- Develop a sense of gratitude towards things and people that have come your way in life. Do not take what you have for granted.
- Learn how to give - it is a soothing balm for what ails you.
- Develop appropriate confidence in yourself and others.
- Be a person of integrity.
Again, nothing that Sanders says is new or innovative or all that clever, but this book was a reasonable effort based on some common sense ideas that I ultimately felt was a worthwhile read for me.