Thursday, February 9, 2012

Creep Me Out

Everyone has their own mental list of pet aversions. You know, things that for some reason just creep you out beyond measure. Most often they can't be fully justified or even explained in a rational manner. I am no different. Over the past few weeks, I have been searching the folds and spans of my mind to find out what lurks in my cranial shadows that would classify in this category. After a very short while I had a list that numbered in the tens of thousands. However, if I put forth such a list, nobody would read it. So, I felt that I would just select my top 10 (or is that bottom 10?), in no particular order.
  • When someone uses the stall next to me when I am in the men's room.
  • Cockroaches - whether real, imagined, or in picture form.
  • Flagrant facial warts and moles.
  • Watching most people eat.
  • Men with unnaturally long fingernails.
  • Severely overweight women who wear tube tops.
  • Pretty much any man (even Europeans) who wears a Speedo-type bathing suit.
  • The thought of eating non-standard meats (anything not cow, pig, chicken, turkey, or beef).
  • Older folks who dress in trendy clothes meant for teenagers.
  • Folks who wear really bad toupees that are dirty and greasy beyond measure.
So, what would you add or subtract from this list?