- A last minute meeting kept me at work much later than I had planned. This elevated my blood pressure.
- Leaving work in a bit of a hurry, I left behind some papers that I had meant to take home so that I could prepare for an important meeting the next day. Blood pressure further increased.
- On the way home, I got stuck behind an accident caused by two selfish drivers engaged in some ridiculous, cro-magnon show of manliness. Blood pressure meter further up and to the right.
- Finally arriving at home and already late, I find my refrigerator water line leaking. I have to give it immediate attention. As I don't have my friend's phone number, there is no way that I can tell them of my delay. Tick, tick, tick ...
- Nearly 45 minutes late I race pell-mell, willy-nilly out to try to meet my friend and be able to explain my delay. They are long gone. Near fatal levels approaching.
- On the way home, some Evel Knievel motorcycle cop, hiding in the bushes pulls me over to meet his quota and gives me a huge ticket. Boom!
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Let me share with you a recent personal anecdote in my ongoing struggle to be more outgoing, sociable, and relationship oriented. I had set aside a few hours one evening to meet a friend for some coffee and some conversation. We were supposed to meet at 7:00 p.m. after we had each finished up at work and taken care of business at home. We would then have a few hours to talk and share and strengthen our friendship. Good stuff for me to be sure. However, a few things happened on my way to the coffee shop.
Posted by Daniel