Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Grind My Gears I

Do little things set you off, you know, really grind your gears? I have a seemingly unending list of things that other people do that cause me to spit and turn red and gnash my teeth. My beef today, the inspiration behind today's blog post, is with people who slow down and come to a stop well before the stop line at a red light. I am not expecting that people will aim for complete precision when stopping their vehicles at the stop line. I am not some sports-jacket-wearing commie espousing some sort of super high-tech measurement/verification system that gives severe electric shocks to those who fall even slightly outside of a predetermined threshold. No, but I do believe it is reasonable for folks to pull smoothly and rapidly up to the stop line and stop their vehicles no more than a foot or two behind the line. However, there are some folks who slow their cars down to below 5 m.p.h. at least 200 feet before the line and then turtleishously creep forward or come to a full stop after pondering their stopping point and deciding that they have good and well gone far enough on their journeys for the time being. If you are one of these "people", hear me now and hear me good. Knock it off or my hired goons (Moose and Rocco) will hunt you down and do unspeakable things to you and the air freshener in your car. Am I clear?