Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Observations 109

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many
bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from
random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • Don't you hate it when you are absolutely head over heels exhausted, when you can't stop yawning, when your eyelids feel like lead weights, and yet your body still won't let you fall asleep?
  • I recently went to a show featuring comedian Brian Regan. Dang it felt great to laugh and let the problems of the world melt away for a little while.
  • I woke up on a recent Saturday to a downpour. Checking the forecast made it clear that the rest of the day would show continued moistness. Pooh, that means that I wouldn't be able to mow the grass and do all of my other yard work.
  • Saturday morning 8:00 a.m.. I drive past the chiropractor's office near my office and the parking lot is packed. What the heck happened last night that so many people threw their backs out?
  • I may have recently lost a staring contest with a Canadian goose.