- The following was written in Matthew Henry's diary the night he was robbed: "Let me be thankful, first, because he never robbed me before; second, because although he took my purse, he did not take my life; third, because although he took all I possessed, it was not much; and fourth, because it was I who was robbed, not I who robbed."
- I ran across a quote by Larry Osbourne that resonated with me, "God draws straight lines with crooked sticks."
- I purchased a laundry stick in part recently because it said on the top in a jaunty font, "Stain-grabbing nubs." That notion quickly inserted an inane picture into my head that I couldn't walk away from.
- Steve Sarkisian, head football coach at USC, recently made a complete fool of himself at a booster's meeting. He was drunk and mouthed off at the podium, creating quite a scene. When asked later if he had a drinking problem, he said he wasn't sure and that he was going to get tested. To this reply, I can only say, "what?".
- In a major "oh crap" moment, a Taiwanese school boy on a field trip to an art museum with his class stumbled as he was walking. As he reached to steady himself, he put his hand right through a painting valued at $1.5M.
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Posted by Daniel