- Crucified - The Fixx (1991) - My first real taste of this band was their 1983 release "Reach the Beach". This song screams out from the sudden awareness of dupliticity as a relationship has abruptly ended. A tune alive with emotion and frenzy.
- Black Money - Sniff 'n' the Tears (2011) - Many call this band the epitome of a "one hit wonder" with their smash hit "Driver's Seat". In fact after a commercial in Britain used that song, a groundswell of fans clamored for new music from the band. This song about the taint of ill-gotten gains was part of their 2011 release and represents a great song with their trademark sound.
- The Game's Up - Sniff 'n' the Tears (1980) - I actually had this song on vinyl back when I in college. I bought the record at a used record sale on campus. This song about the bitterness and frustation of loss when the game's up and not a thing can be done holds up even after 35 years.
- I Think We'd Feel Good Together - Rob Thomas (2015) - I have always wanted to like Rob Thomas. He is charismatic, good-looking, has a great voice and oozes rock star, but I just never found anything of his that resonated with me. There was was exception, however, when he took the lead on "Smooth" for Santana. This song, although a bit overproduced, has that same sing-along-with-me vibe that is infectious.
- Pieces - Rob Thomas (2015) - A slow, calculated, and paced song about our inevitable breakdown when we give too much to the world. Somehow this one from his new album spoke to me and left me nodding.
Monday, September 28, 2015
iTunes Latest - 29
Posted by Daniel