Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Observations 104

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • I have been buying 1% milk for myself for years now. However, just recently I stopped to consider, what the heck is the other 99%?
  • Have you ever heard a conservative, management type use the word "butt load" in a meeting (as in "We have a butt load of equipment to procure.")? Kind of makes me want to ask, "Whose butt is being used as the basis for a quantitative measure?"
  • Who are these folks who drive these little putt-putt cars who cannot seem to make a U-turn on a wide road without having to shift from forward to reverse, forward to reverse? This is highly egregious!
  • Why is it that most of the self-service checkout lanes in the supermarket remain closed? I thought that the whole purpose in having them was to get folks in and out of the store sooner. Perhaps they are just for decoration?
  • When you buy an e-reader and first set it up, they ask you to read and then sign a "Terms and Conditions" agreement. On my Nook it ws 278 pages long. Has anyone ever read this tome?