Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Observations 102

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • The crucible for silver and the furnance for gold, but man is tested by the praise he receives. (Proverbs 27:21)
  • I know this is old news, but Donald Trump's off the cuff remark about John McCain not being a war hero makes me giggle. He actually said "He's not a war hero. He's a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."
  • If you just crawled out from under a moist, moss-covered rock, Trump is trying to pretend that he is a politician. If you can picture him sitting in the oval office as president of the United States, you might even picture him saying the following quote that he actually said about Rosie O'Donnell, "She went to my wedding. She had lots and lots of cake, and I'll tell you what, she is a terrible human being."
  • In what must have been a slow news day, the following story ran online, "Former NBA player posts photos showing stuffed toys he won at county fair."
  • I saw the following license plate the other day, LVBN HPY. This made me smile.