Thursday, August 20, 2015

Observations 103

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • The other day at the supermarket, they were out of my manly Irish Spring bar soap. I was forced to purchase a Dove Beauty Bar. This marks the beginning of the end. Mark my words!
  • When I peeled the top off my key lime flavored yogurt the other day, the unnatural appearing green melange looked like the stuff that turns innocents into super villians. Strangely, however, it did not seem to have any affect on me.
  • A headline on CNN the other day read, "Protests: Breasts are not weapons". Perhaps they never saw Madonna in one of her pointy bras or that scene with the fembots from Austin Powers.
  • At least today is not a total bust, I did make my secretary pee herself.
  • As I was stopped behind a city bus the other day, I watched as a old woman got off. The first thing I noticed was that she had on these crazy tall 6-in high heels. The second thing I noticed was that she was using a cane. I wondered if the shoes necessitated the cane.