Thursday, June 18, 2015

Observations 94

My occasional blog series "Observations" was created to be an outlet to share a variety of topics that pop into my field of view as a result of a condition that many bloggers are afflicted with known as "blogger's eyes". In this state we view the world on the constant look-out for topics on which to write about. Today's blog came about from random odds 'n ends of things that I have noticed over the past few weeks.
  • We may think that we don't live with the same mindset as was prevalent in the 50s and 60s, but when a man goes on paternity leave after his wife gives birth, his reputation takes a noticeable hit.
  • Have you seen these jokers whose cellphones go off in a meeting and they actually have the chutzpah to go ahead and answer it ... right there in the freaking meeting? If you haven't come across one these folks, then you don't work where I do.
  • Nature is funny. I have a bird that has built its nest right by my front door. Whenever I approach the front door it flies out up to the roof in a fit of panic. The other day it tried this but was surprised to find a squirrel sitting on the edge of the roof. The look of "you're not supposed to be here" was clearly written on the bird's face.
  • Have you ever seen stupid in action? I witnessed it the other day as two children (I would guess about 10 to 12 years old) were playing chicken across a 4 lane highway. I wish that I could have spoken some wisdom into their lives. If they needed a thrill that doesn't endanger others with their stupidity, might I suggest Russian roulette?
  • It's amazing how one little bug in my space can set me into a breathless tizzy.