- From the "What is going on in this world files?", Charlie Weis was the Notre Dame head football coach from 2004 to 2009 when he was fired. The university was still contractually obligated to pay the remainder of this contract, which to date has gotten him more than $18 million dollars for not coaching at Notre Dame. In fact Weis got another another coaching job after Notre Dame, at Kansas. He was fired after a few years and the university still owed him $6 millions dollars. So, Weis is getting paid $24 million not to show up to work.
- Johnsonville Sausage has been running a new ad campaign with the tag line, "We don't make sausage. We make family and sausage." What? Is this some kind of Soylent Green thing they have going? Johnsonville Sausage is people, its people!
- It sets my laths a-crackin' when corporations try to market themselves using their own devised "hip" and "with-it" nicknames. McDonald's morphs into "Micky-D's" and Buffalo Wild Wings slides into "B-dubs".
- In the urinals in the men's room at work are these plastic disks that are designed (apparently) to splash urine all over the place. However, they also have advertising information printed on them in a very small font. First, who is their target audience with this advertising? Second, who is going to stick there head in the urinal to read the small font?
- I refuse to wear pants that rustle, sway, swish, or flow as I walk. I would rather be locked in the bowels of a Turkish prison than to be forced to wear bell-bottom pants.
Thursday, June 4, 2015
Posted by Daniel